Monday, October 18, 2010

brrrr.....

Hello Everyone!

Fall has come to the south of France now, its getting chilly. I have to wear my jacket now, which is ok but im not very fond of the wind, which is what makes it cold. As when its now windy its not cold. Well well, I knew the sunny weather was going to go away sometime.

So my friday and Saturday has been full with activities for me as the other days of the week.
So lets start with Friday:

I had 2 lessons with Auré, on the first one I had to mark students on their oral presentations which was a bit difficult but fun. I have never graded someone before as I will work with younger kids. The pupils had to talk about their favourite celeb for at least 1 minute. It was fun listening to them, many of them took Lady Gaga and other current singers BUT one boy chose to talk about Homer Simpson LOL and a girl about Jimmy Hendrix (didnt know 13 year olds knew who he was). 
With the younger kids I had to work with a song about the weeks of the day. I had them sing it for me after having listen to it once and afterwards one kids asked me if I was going to sing for them. I was like NO!.. lol

 After the lessons I went back to the flat to make my Chocolate Balls for the International Dinner I was going to that evening. Sarah, Jacob and Jo aka the flapjack team came over to make their flapjacks as they dont have an oven in the student room. When we were finished we chilled out, watching a little bit of Harry Potter in French and just relaxed in the comfty sofa before going out to buy some wine and going off to the dinner.
There were loads of different foods from everywhere one american guy even brought clams..



You can see the swedish flag on my chocolate balls. Oh by the way, I made the misstake telling Jacob, Sarah and Jo that they used to be called Nigger balls before and during the evening Jacob was like: "Im going to eat some nigger balls now".. LOL.

Here are some of the ppl that was at the party. L-R: Roxana (chilean girl), Caroline (french), ?, Manolo (Brasilian), ?, Julia (arentina, the spanish assistant that works in my school) and of course Sara and Me.

The chilean gang, Me, Roxana and David.

Me and Manolo dancing some salsa (or at least we tried lol) after the dancing we started to sing Karaoke.. Lol lovley night, But I had to leave by midnight as I was taking the 7.30 train to Lyon the following morning.

So on Saturday morning the alarm went at 6 in the morning. I bearly woke up but I arrived on time to the station to meet Daniela (another Chilean girl I know) and the first thing we noticed was that our train was cancelled (thanks to the strike). We tried to find other ways to get to Lyon but there was nothing until 9.30. So we went home and I slep for another hour before it was time to go back to the station and we took the train AT LAST. In Lyon we had to check which was the last train to go home so we wouldnt get stuck there, and a nice guy helped us and told us it was at 7.30. We met Diana there who had come from Grenoble and we headed off to the city centre. The first thing I notices when we got off the Metro was a Pizza Pino (you Idsow girls recognise this place) and Starbucks! As we walked to one of the major squares of the City Centre we noticed some ppl demostrating about something.. LOL (this is france, there is always something).

They looked so funny that I just had to take a pic.



After a little while it started raining so we went in search for an umbrella as I had forgotten mine in Valence, found a cute PINK one in Clair´s. It was noon so we were starting to get hungry so I suggested Pizza Pino. The food was delish as always and the service was perfect as the one in Paris. Luckily it had stopped raining after lunch so we walked on the looooooong shopping street, and I think we visited all the shoe shops they have.. LOL. Diana was looking for boots but didnt find any.
A nice small church we passed.

The opera Museum.

They had a Starbucks next to the Opera Museum so I just HAD to have a Chocolate :)

Just outside the museum we saw that they had a market, and as we got closer we noticed that it was a Latin market which was quite funny as here we were 3 latins doing a little trip together. So here we are, Diana, Daniela and me by the Peru stand.

We walked to the Hotel de Ville, which was very pretty.

A nice, HUGE statue(fountain) infront of the Hotel de Ville

Then we headed off to Vieux Lyon AKA old Town. but we had to cross the Saône river to get there. A litlle fact, there are 2 rivers that runs through Lyon, Le Saône river and Le Rhône.

Us 3 by the river

In Old Town we visited this really creapy and chabby marionette museum.. LOL It was like a home made museum. We even had to put the audio on ourselvs (there was a tape player on a table) We laughed so much as we put Spanish Audio on and the girl who talked, talked soooo bad.. It sounded more like Italian.. lol. Then we took the little tram up to the hills of Lyon to see the view.

This is the Basilique de Notre dame de Fourvière. A really nice cathedral, as pretty as Notre Dame in Paris.


Here is a pic of the inside.

And the view of the city centre

Other part of Lyon (the city is HUGE, its the second biggest city in France)

At last we visited the museum Gallo- Romain de Fourvière. Its an old Roman theatre. Actually there are two of these roman theatre in Lyon. But we only visited this one as it was close to the Notre Dame.

We were really cold by this point so we decided to visit the HUGE mall they have opposite the railway station where we were taking the train. The mall was 4 floors high, and never ending corridors, I think we visited 10% of the shops.. LOL.. I did some shopping in Sephora :) Then it was time to take the train. As we walked over to the station we saw police men and men dressed up in soldier clothes closing down the entrence to the station! Diana lied to one of the officers and said that our train was leaving any second and he let us through.. LOL. When we got in it was nearly empty. We then realised why.. THERE WERE NO TRAINS!!! *Sigh* so We ran to the first person we saw that woud have info and he told us that there were no trains because of the strike BUT there were buses leaving now to diffrent parts of the country. So we ran out to the mass of people and tried to find the bus to Valence and Diana to Grenoble. Finally we found them and said goodbye. What usually takes 1h 30 mins took 2h 30 as the bus stopped at every little town on the way down to Valence. So it was a loooong ride but me and Daniela talked through it all hehe. I was really tired when I got home so there were no partying for me that evening eventhough I had promised.

Sunday I was really tired so I just relaxed in the morning and afternoon. At 5 (or afernoon as Sara and Pierre calls it lol) I met them to play some Tennis. It was really funny but difficult, Badminton is more my cup of tea I think. We played for over 1 hour and my arm is aching so much today.. LOL.

So here we are, monday and its only 4 more days til I go home (if the strike lets me). There is a BIG strike planned for tomorrow and probably ofther days of the week aswell.. I just hope it doesnt affect the trains. What it has done is affected the petrol, in some places the petrol is out! Can they just get over it.. they are only going to work 2 more years, its not like they have to work to 65 like in Sweden.

Well well Im off to plan my lessons for tomorrow! Have a nice week everyone!

BISOUS

Song of the day: Je t´aime by Lara Fabian (dedicated to my MOMO)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie :) another lovely post!
    Lyon looks a gorgeous city!
    Such a shame about the trains though! :(
    Your trip home has come around really quickly - fingers crossed you won't have a problem at the weekend!
    (Love that song, but you already know that!) ;-)
    Bisous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I really hope they go on friday.. Hmm... The thing is that there is almost no petrol left in the gas station either so I cant ask anyone for a ride as its a long car ride.

    ReplyDelete